Monday, February 28, 2011

Fat Tuesday is Next Week!

Honestly, I should be ashamed. My foodie life has been a bit in shambles lately. Danielle and I haven’t been to check out any new restaurants (although we did revisit A Single Pebble, simply for the love of Peking duck, and were not disappointed). I haven’t even done that much cooking, and I miss it. I do have plans to make chicken and shrimp jambalaya sometime soon in celebration of Mardi Gras. I wish I had the guts to try and make homemade beignets, but in all honestly, deep fry in my very small kitchen seems like a terrible idea. Sigh. I’ve had a hankering to bake something yummy, but have been unable to decide what I want. Cookies? Bread? Muffins? I can’t decide – suggestions are appreciated.

Of course, I am in no way saying that foodie-ness (no, that’s not a real word, but it works) had completely left my life. I continue to work at my internship twice a week, which is going really well. I am learning a lot, and I know the experience is really valuable. I can’t wait to be done with school – I am sooo close – and start applying for jobs actually in the field. In the meantime, I’ll have to make do with blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment