Sunday, July 1, 2012

In the garden

Currently growing in my patio garden:
Tomato, eggplant, zucchini, jalapeño, romaine lettuce, tarragon, sage, two kinds of basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, potatoes, and lavender.
 
I recently harvested the lavender blossoms and have some drying. The rest I used to make lavender scented sugar cookies. Thankfully I froze half the dough, because my wonderful dog and his canine roommate helper decided to help themselves to the two dozen freshly baked cookies. Ah, the joys of pets...
 
I currently have a green tomato and a baby jalapeno growing out there, which I'm pretty psyched about. I've been known to have somewhat of a "black thumb" when it comes to gardening, but so far o good -- it probably doesn't hurt that the weather out here is so ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment